Wednesday, May 21, 2008

FrontRunner Ride




My sister Katie took these pics of our FrontRunner ride a few weeks back on April 28th. UTA invited all elected officials to take a test ride before they opened the line. Being acquainted with some of the best train systems of Europe, I was impressed by how smooth and fast FrontRunner was, and was excited to take the kids on it.

We were at my folk's place in Woods Cross that day following my Grandma's funeral, so Grandma and Grandpa, Aunts Heather and Katie, and Uncle Doug all came with us. Let's just say that with it being standing room only (if there was that much room!), it wasn't as much fun as I had envisioned. I guess with it being the opening week a lot of other folks had the same idea. But the kids had a good time, and I guess that's what counts most, right?

No comments: